Thursday, June 12, 2008

First and the last?

I was packing my stuffs, and at the same time clearing my room. Went downstairs, chucked the rubbish out to the main bin. *BOOM* slams the door. I swore at that moment as I didn't have the keys with me. I normally have the keys with me regardless if it is just going down for a cuppa. Top it off, I didn't have my phone with me. Hence, I couldn't recall anyone's phone number including the landlord.

Tried knocking, door bell, banging the door, etc. You name it, all done but failed. As I live in town, all passerby looked at me with suspicion. I even tried slipping in a card to unlock the door. But there was still hope, as I saw the first floor's window is up. Worse comes to worst, that could have been a resort. So I waited patiently, not moving anywhere hoping any housemates to return. My mind started thinking about the negativities. What if AD has gone off to London? What if the two girls had gone to Germany??? What do I do? I'm flying off tomorrow!!!! On the brighter note, I had my wallet with me. Suddenly, the rain came down pouring. That's when I started to move, and it was freezing cold. Moving away gave me the idea that I should go to one of my friends' house. Elizabeth or Therese? Well thinking that Elizabeth lives near the hospital and she's normally at home. Another problem? Which one is her house?

Finally got to her house hoping someone was in. Luck was on my side, she was in. Happily she opened the door for me offering me a cuppa thinking I was there to visit. I explained to her, and she immediately called Therese to ask for AD's (my hope / housemate). Therese didn't have AD's number, then Elizabeth decided to call the university's registry for phone number. Due to the privacy protection, she couldn't give us the number but she could call. Whilst waiting, I thought I might give the Leaf hospital a visit to see if AD was in. Elizabeth was also kind enough to offer me coat, but I said it's fine. As I walked up the hill, I saw the glimpse of Wendy's car. THERE's HOPE!!!

Checked every corridor of the department, no one. Last, the treatment areas. I met Wendy, she was so happy to see me. Suddenly this bitch (year 3) in authoritative manner saying "should be in clinical dress in clinic!" WTF!!! "Is AD here?" was my first question. "Yes" she replied. GOSH I WAS OVERJOYED!!!!!! Got the keys, and went back to Elizabeth's house to tell her. And now I'm here blogging this fresh, and I am still wet!!!!!

Something to ponder:
As I walked across town, I passed few homeless people and made me think, Gosh, how could they manage as I couldn't even manage without a phone and house key for few hours. Where as they got none!!!

I think it's a good "cobaan". Hehhe Alhamdulillah, everything is fine, and Insya Allah, all will be running smoothly albeit it's Friday 13th tomorrow!!!

And by the way, waiting outside the house for a long time wasn't the first time. It happened on the first day I arrived here when the landlord gave me the wrong key! And now, it happened again on my last day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Hamakraminus II said...

Duuuude what a saga!

-H.M>Akramin

CLEO said...

aduii kesian ehh. baik buat kunci lagi 1 gantung ke leher buat mcm lukit hehe