Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A new day!

Well this is obviously my first day and first time of blogging! hehe.. I always wanted a blog site so I could just go talking and talking about my life in a day! hahah...

Alright, first thanx to friendster. hahah... yeah right! Anyways... I just finished cooking for my dinner later at the hospital! woohoo... I have rice, sweet and sour chix plus sayur kacang panjang! awu.. nyaman yo!

Yesterday was not so busy. Not busy for the ER version... meaning it is still busy. I had patients 2 of them coming in at 5 mins time difference. I was attending and he had this heart attack like symptoms. Or rather.. Myocardial Infarc. I was soo nervous. Further on, I was told immediately to open this old man's vein for IV infusions. So I had to prick him with this scary cannula needle. Ooh the worst part, the incharge nurse told me to do it. I took the task positively, altho I hesitated. But for my log book sake's! I went for it! haha..

The scenario? An old man lying down weakly with the wife standing at the side, two fellow students, a nurse and a ER Medical resident were also around. There I was sitting in a mobile stool... while pricking this poor old man. Theories are all in my head... but practical wise, it was all on the manequins. With all the eys overlooking at me, I tenderly prick that old man upon his permission and his wife's. The result? It went well!! hahaha.. the blood flew profusely.. and I was contented.. altho my body couldnt stop shakin! hahah....

Before this, I was being a trial model on those Road traffic accident equipment like the boards, neck collar and etc. They basically tied me up with full gear on what's available.. haha.. yeah.. I couldnt even move my head.. and could hardly breathe. The worst part was the nurse was trying to show how strong the strap was and how secure it was. So they turned me which ever ways they wanted to. In the end... one of them lost control, luckily not from a high level, the board turned upside down, and my face kissed the floor! Luckily it wasn;t that serious! But yes I had fun!! hahah

In a bit will be off to work! ehhe...

Signing out
Sani aka xHu

Comments:

Congrats ... u made it. Keep the vein open, some might say it's the hard. Well, its true even for the permanent staff at certain occassions they not manage to insert it. Don't worry its not the end ... get some help. For myself, I even called anaesthetist to do it.
You didn't tell us what actually the floor taste like.
Good Luck!


No comments: