Thursday, November 29, 2007

Eastbourne, Shopping and Hips Don't Lie!

Well, as the title says, Eastbourne is currently in a busy festive mood. Shops closing at 8pm and more and more decorations have been put up. Sale are not as crazy yet but certainly have started. It's pack everywhere you go.

There's going to be bercemar duli session with His Majesty the Sultan this Sunday at the Intercontinental Hotel, London at 2pm. Insya-Allah I will be attending that event. It's not an easy chance that the royals come down to London and meet students. To top it off, they will be mingling freely with the guests. Unlike the usual Istana open house where one gets to only handshake each of them. Plus, hopefully there will be anugeraha as well.... woo hoo!!

Tomorrow night, it will be the launching of International Students Society of Eastbourne where Flava is the official bar. It will be salsa and latino theme tomorrow. Megan has been ever so annoying to make me come to this event. Apparently, many are coming including the housemates. So, I hope and I bet it's going to be a good night.

Like I was saying, the HM visit. So I needed a suit as I did not want to wear the cara melayu. The only thing is, my suit is in Brunei. It was useless last year and didn't think it's gonna be any use for this year. Besides, it's a lil too loose for me now. it needs alterations. Hence, I was searching around in hope to get one for my size in this limited time. I am a little disadvantaged here when it comes to formal wear sizing. It may take up to 2 weeks for a suit my size to arrive. I've tried M&S, Debenhams, Burton, NEXT, and all the shops you could possibly name in Eastbourne. I was contemplating to go down to London or Brighton as to whether it was worth it. However, Burton has already got my suit for the Ball instead, which perfectly fits me. The guy told me to just wear those, and disagreed him as I don't want to look over the top wearing a evening suit for a lounge get together.

Talked to Therese and Wendy, perhaps with their mother figure could help me with it. True enough as we had 4 hours break today, they took me to town, at Debenham's children section *cough*. In just minutes, I could fit in to a Thomas Nash's design for a 15-16year old. I was happy. Even better, I could get £70 for a 3 piece suit. Too bad, the trousers didn't fit me, thus, had to forget about it. So then, I bought a different jacket sold separately but still Thomas Nash of Debenhams. Plan now, forget the suit, wear a cara melayu and a jacket over. Like I said, I may have the body size of a 15-16 year old, but the HIPS DONT LIE!!! haha

The reason why I needed a jacket, so I could cover my cara melayu, even better if I could wear a suit. Why? Because, my cara melayu now looks like baju pinjam. It looks ever so baggy, with the sleeves covering my hands, and the collar's just too loose. I shed the fats and skin... ahhaha LOL

I took some pictures around Eastbourne town today. It's a 2 mins walk from my current flat. I was just buying things and "threw" them off back home. So far, I got a new beddings which hadn't been changed for almost 2 years. Well, I washed them however (in case you loads were curious) and a new shower curtain. I had been dreading for a new one after months of showering behind that ever filthy plastic curtain. It had slimes and moulds that hardly be taken off. The previous occupant was just so dirty! I even had to soak it in bleach overnight when I first arrived. And of course, I got a new cushion!! hahah

Picture below of my room at night, the cushion, Eastbourne town centre (that's the main entrance to Arndale where a policeman was stabbed with a kitchen knife 2 weeks ago) and notice the pile of books I have on my table. Those are the books I need to stuffed in my head for my exams and essays!! Those are what keeping me occupied.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Below, just a artistic shot of Arndale Centre with Therese somewhere in there on the way to the ATM.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: