Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Salmon steak - sayur taugeh udang karing : a fusion?

Had nail pathology class this morning. Class started at 11am. I set my wake up call at 7am, thinking that my class starts at 9am. This is always happening to me!! But today, glad I realised that class starts at 11am which I finally woke up at 9am.

Made myself jacket potato with prawn filling for my lunch pack today. It was great indeed and fulfilling. I also had coleslaw and my great peach yogurt companion. However, I forgot about the coleslaw until the very last minute. I was already filled up by then.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


To make it, you will need:
  • A good size of baking potato
  • Salt and pepper
  • Cooked and peeled prawns
  • Mayonnaise
  • Ketchup
  • Squeeze of lemon
Method:
  • Poke around the potato with fork
  • Bake in the oven until it's soft and cooked for approximately an hour
  • Mine however, I dumped it into the microwave for about 10mins and it does the trick, then moved it to the oven to brown it.
  • Make filling, by adding salt, pepper, ketchup, mayonnaise, lemon juice into the cooked prawns
  • Then cut potato belly, scoop some prawn and serve
In the afternoon, I had clinic. Had a review of my previous patient on the progress of the treatment I offered. I also prescribed her some new ointment to try which she had to bring it to me to apply it for her. She had a Verrucae of what is known as plantar warts. It's a virus caused problem. She had this condition for almost 5 years and is getting worse. This is attributed to her lifestyle as a swimmer and many other things as well. The last time she came, I treated her with silver nitrate application followed by pressure distributing padding. This time round however, instead of the silver nitrate, I gave her the new medication. Hopefully it works this time round. She had gone through other therapies including cryotherapy, laser therapy, and the silver nitrate. But overall she's very keen and happy. She also hoped that it's me to treat her again after christmas.

Got back from the hospital, I thought of stopping by at Sainsbury's to get some salmon fillet. I was craving for ikan goreng. I also bought myself bean sprouts (taugeh) which I thought ofstir frying it with dried shrimps (udang karing), then I went on and got naughty buying myself a GU chocolate vanilla cheese cakes in glass ramekins. They're lovely but too sweet.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The fish and taugeh:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: