Saturday, November 24, 2007

I got my new toy, casting and Wendy's bday.

I got my new gadget that I have always wanted, well not really, it was just the temptations. Hahaha I got the new Sony Walkman mp3 and video player. It's the new drag and drop version. It's slightly more expensive than the iPods Nano 3rd Gen which is its main rival. But for a quality, it is definitely an excellent one, cos... it's a SONY! ehehe

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yesterday had a good clinic hours. In the morning, we were short of patients. We only had 14 patients, for 30 students. So, we practised on our Musculoskeletal assessment which went quite well and more making sense. On the second session, I finally had a patient for just a quick check n vascular and neurological assessment and his diabetes as he had infection on his surgery site before. In the afternoon, I had casting class. Ready... Camera... Action! Well, not that casting! ahahahha

We had a Session with Mr Byrne on negative casting. It's basically taking a template cast (negative cast) of the feet so proper insoles can be manufactured according to the shape of the feet for an excellent fitting. One can be Commoditive, and the other can be funtional. The difference between those two are, one changes the position and shape of the feet, the other, just help the feet to regain an optimum function without changing the shape or position.

It was a fun class. I must admit it was messy, but fun!! It was more of an art class than a biomechanics class. It's easy to manufacture it, but it's the things behind like the biomechanics side of it. All the physics involved! grr... rusty brains me! I had good comments from the lecturer by the way. They're all excellent. I'm quite happy from the casts that I've made. The finish insoles normally would cost a patient around £70-200 excluding the shoes to be fitted in.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Oh, I was a lil nosy yesterday as I finished my patient early, so I thot i pop into my mates cubicles see if they needed help. And none, so I just chatted away to some patients before they doze off to sleep. One of them commented to a fren who's treating... "That is a very nice young guy.... he seems to be very nice". Elizabeth my fren, she was so envious! ahahahahah LOL

Attended Wendy's birthday party last night. She lives 30mins away from Eastbourne. Therese took me with her in the car. The party was alright. There was a huge Labrador dog in the house. The moment I stepped in, the dog was already chasing me and Wendy knew that I hated dogs. So she convinced me that the dog was under control. Went to the living room, the dog was set loose. Trina, Wendy's daughter, told me just to ignore him and he will ignore me in a bit as well. But this dog was just so friendly. He couldn't stop following me and sniffing me up to the kitchen. Whilst in the kitchen, it simply never stopped sniffing me, and my crotch as well! At first, yites, don't mind you sniffing that but dont eat my sausage! ahahah LOL But this dog sniffed my bum as well, then later he's just gone. So the dog was just part of the guests soon after. I just ignored it, although I was a little uncomfortable. I however, excused myself to everyone to why I dislike dogs although I don't hate them and do not condon the inhumane and insane killings of dogs and animals as general. I justified myself by saying, it was just the way I was brought up where back home, dogs are not trained and they're normally fierce guard dogs. Even the owner could hardly control their own dogs, and some are even afraid of their own dogs. But the night went well. That was me, my first very very close encounter with a Labrador for 7 hours!!

No comments: