Saturday, December 01, 2007

ISS Night - Sabor Latino at Flava

My body is aching right now as I type this entry.

Had a wonderful salsa night at Flava. It was the Official Opening for International Students Society with all the new official members. Megan is the Health and Safety officer which resulted me to come, and of course being an international student myself.

Flava is the official UoB international student's bar. So from now on, events related to international students of UoB will be held at Flava, unless where it's inappropriate of course. The theme last night was Sabor Latino, hence all the Spanish songs and Latin kinda music. I like the music for chilling but not to dance to it. Makes my body aches and I couldn't synchronise to it.

Before we left, I invited Ale and Shahin to come over my "cool" place (as commented by Ale) for dinner. I made simple dinner, sweet and sour chicken and stir fried broccoli with carrots and mushrooms. After dinner, we entertained ourselves with the wonders of youtube.com with all those funny pranks and comedies to laugh at!

We arrived at Flava, and lucky enough I brought the leaflet with me. The security was tight and he was fierce. But I got through easily. Shahin and Ale however were stopped for ID check and clearance whatever and they had to fill in a form or sumthing as they were not on the guestlist. Got my International Student card which entitles me to more discounts... yay!! Soon, Megan came down to approach me and she was obviously drunk. Megan is a quiet girl, but you know when she's on the alcs! ahahaha. Met Therese', Phil, Tristan, Sarah, Susan, Rosey, Cat from the course, and others who were my flatmates last year like Spiros, Maria, and some others (Terry, Manas, Oda, Julia, Pashe). Bumped into my current flatmates as well. It was all fun. I had to on and off dance cos I simply couldn't synchronise, I had to wait when it was more upbeat.

I decided to leave just before 1am. Cos I wanted to escape the crowd when the bar closes where one would have to find their coats and everything as if they were in a crazy sale centre. Police were already almost everywhere. Drunk people were starting to get more violent outside the bar. The town suddenly transformed into a zombied town from a nice calm town with old people.

Shahin had to come home with me as he had forgotten his mp3 player in my room. He came round to check. But again, looking at the situation outside, I was like, just stay over my place and leave early next morning. Not unless he had someone to go with or taking the taxi. This town of mine is getting more and more crazy and violent.

Recently, Eastbourne, specifically the streets of my neighbourhood was ranked the most rough town in Sussex with 56 cases of injury-intended crime reported. Oh well, tawakal saja and take precautions.

I leave u with the pictures from last night. I didn't get to snap loads of pictures. But the others might have the rest which I am still waiting.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: