Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Surgery!!

Hahha... Yo folks!

Today I witnessed and handle 4 patients on the surgery table!! ehhehe... siok!!!

I had cases of Inguinal Hernia, 2 C ircumcisions and wrist ganglion cysts. Heheh all worked well!! All I had to do was to witness, observe and ask questions. But, I also had been drilled by the Anaesthetist! ehhe he's quite friendly anyways.

Next he was curios that if I have any medical families? Well I admitted I do. And he asked if it was my dad? hahah I wished!!! ahahha... Then he asked who and who... so I told him I have uncles and aunties in medicine and nursing fields... and her replied with a long ooo... and he said... no wonder you sound with a good medical background... and what's my reaction?? *blank and puzzled*... turned to my colleague... "how different do I sound from you guys?" hahahahah...

So a little from what's on today's surgery.... the most interesting part of all was Anaesthesia Induction and the reversal part... hehe it's just fun and funny to see how people reacts to it differently individually. And the surgery highlight was on circumcision. May it be on an adult or on young children. I'd say, it is easier on adults than children due to the anatomical reasons. Besides, I can assure you guys out there... haha circumcision aint easy job!!!! hahahhaha... I myself thought it was an easy cut off thing at first... but then NO! wah seh... soo delicate the surgeon doing it.

So, I dont know what to expect for tomorrow. We have not received any operating schedule for tomorrow yet. It's either it is delay or no surgery since tomorrow is only ENT. Oh well... probably they gonna let us simulate scrubbing practice before we could actually scrub in real surgery. Scrub means to get involve with the surgery itself!! hehehehe... yes... your hand will be bloody!! hhahaha interesting innit?? heheh....

So... I guess that all for today... nothing much!

bye!!

Hotdamn: glad you did well! ehehehhe... ciao~~~

No comments: