Monday, April 11, 2005

Nervous... breathe.....

Howdy Folks!!

Today was such an interesting day for me. It was my first day at the Operating Theatre. I dont think a month would be enough.. oh well... enough said.. I aint want it to be jinx! haha

So first, went to lecture hall for the usual orientation. However, time was running quicky and it was quite late. My colleagues and I decided we head straight to Operating room. So we did and they welcomed us there. Had a quite tiring briefing and then we changed ourselves into scrubs. (the attire)

After we have changed, the rounds and "treasure hunt". It was purposed to help us locating the important instruments and equipment and materials. Oh well we finished it in a snap. First surgery I saw was quite a major surgery. Hysterectomy or ther emoval of the ovary. The size of the abnormal ovary was 10X bigger. The original size is your fist size.

Next thing I knew was... hey.. I wasnt nervous at that time but I felt so natural and eager to know. The environment was totally different from what we have seen on TV no matter how in depth the coverage may be. But this is real for god sake! hehe...

Went Lunching after that at Simpur. Texted Lilac and she came to join me for lunch at simpur. She came along with Mistress. heheh... I asked her to check my DST points! hehe.. and she did! Thanx Lil!

Went back to hospital, changed my attire and sat around for a while. Had briefing on suture choices available. Then we were called by the Head for lectures at the surgical ward. And he was damn in a bad mood. Reason? the nurses were at fault...

Results for laptop's cord search? still failed!

Piccies...

Taggers:

Hotdamn: good luck with your clinical coaching! I am sure you'll do well!!! heheheh.. take care... will increase your dosage eventually!!

No comments: