Sunday, April 12, 2009

Udang Salai

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I just had my dinner. Took me about 5mins to prepare. Since I got those fresh king prawns from Bayswater, my ideas for preparing prawns are just endless. Up to an exhaustion, I decided to make a simple dish, Udang Salai. Simply translates, grilled prawns. No seasoning needed just a hot pan! But the trick is the cooking technique making sure it's not overcooked, nor undercooked. If it's too overcooked, the skin won't peel off and you get manky prawns to eat. And I got it just perfect. Not sure if this is a Bruneian dish, or a Chinese dish. Perhaps a mix of both. My dipping sauce is of course kicap lada (siya sauce with chilli).

This dish has always been my favourite since I was a kid. This is my recipe when I first started cooking! eheheh

No comments: