Saturday, March 01, 2008

MadPaintball 2K8 Cosford, Wolverhampton.

Gosh, where's the time gone?? That quick?!

Well, last week I was in the battlefield of paintball up in the north. I left Eastbourne on the Friday after clinic. Fortunately I finished my Friday clinic the earliest than ever. That really helped as I have a 5 hour drive ahead. Shahin was driving as he is in the team as well. The only non-Bruneian in the team. The 5 hours drive was definitely a good one. Me being the map-reader definitely challenged my nerves! hahaha. Thanks to AA planner for the great help online which laid out the journey. Few minutes before arrival, we decided to switch on the tomtom, that's when everything went chaotic! We lost our way. So we decided to get back on track with the paper route. Indeed, we got on track. TomTom a big time sucker! Same thing happened on the journey back when we depend on tomtom to locate the nearest fuel station. It either gave us the wrong exit or the no-longer existing fuel station.

So how's paintball? It was a hell good adrenaline pumping session. We were a little behind with time but still we were the first to arrive as a team on site. There were 7 matches in total and I played 5 with 2 rests. Overall, I was quite happy that I got the experience to catch the flag, and shot quite a lot of people up to elimination. Nevertheless, the pain of pellets that shot off the "wonder how many caliber" markers was a great feeling. I got bruises here and there on my body. The pain was in total absence during the battle. Only few hours later.... then the "ouch" started to kick in!

Anyways, thanks to Mona for being a great host, and allowing us lot to stay over at her place in Stoke.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: