Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bubur Nasi

Feeling much better, but still sniffing before it drips out of my nose! Hahhaa.... gooey indeed!

Had a good time in clinic today, although it was a boring start.

We also had medical emergency on my way to the clinic from the common room. I saw Howard hanging on to the stairs rail and as if he was gasping for air. Tina was comforting him. He looked blue, sweaty and pale. I ran to get him a chair to sit from reception and offered him a glass of water.

I wasn't panic at all, but I realised my nursing skills were just crap! Called out for first aider and I just forgot totally that I was in hospital environment where I could easily do some vitals checking. Bumped into Rosie (surgical nurse) and she offered to see what happened. So the both of us attended him and soon Silin (Cardiac nurse) came with the Emergency defib kit. That was 3 nurses attending Howard. As we were waiting for the oxygen to come, the paramedics arrived.

Being a Cardiac nurse, Silin was worried if it was cardiac problems. But I wasn't worried at all as the symptoms weren't really showing angina. But I had more about gastro problems in mind. True enough, it's duodenal ulcer. He is now admitted waiting for surgery. That's when I realised, my nursing knowledge is not gone and vain afterall, it's just a little rusty. hehe

Clinic ward round session was a little lagged due to short staff. But everything went well, and the lecturer was so impressed with what we had done!!!

Here's our discussion scribblings:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And here's my Lunch, bubur nasi with eggs, carrots, long beans and udang.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious Sani... Royal Brunei spoon lagi... :) how's your days...