Thursday, June 30, 2005

My trip summary.

Hello ya'll. I know many of you are waiting for this bit. hehe.. no worries.

On the 19th June: I got set and ready for my trip to the UK. Purpose is to accompany my mom to the UK as she will be with my sister for her first baby delivery. The flight was fine, recognised some cabin crews from which had served me on some flights before.. that now I realised I travel alot! haha..

On the 20th June, we landed safely in Heathrow after a quick stop in Dubai. After 4hrs or so of transit and long walk in Heathrow, we boarded British Midland BA1306 to Aberdeen on the right time. We arrived few mins before time.

Anticipating that my sister will be waiting us at the gate.. which se usually did. But this time she took the wrong lane instead taking the international route. haha.. so We only get to meet her at the Belt. Waiting and waiting for our bags.. my instinct told me that we gonna be stopped for thorough check cos our bags seems to be the last.

Yes.. I was right... so we were detained fro few mins for thorough inspection. They retained our udang karing and a bottle of honey. Well at least Uk is not as strict as the Aussies'. And I had to put my name on the dotted line! :( am I a criminal already of trafficking? hahah... choi! My mom tu inda percaya!! I had to be no lies yet no truth when I speak lah.. hahah...which was hard.. cos Im kinda lurus bendul.

So for 10 days in Aberdeen, I know where to go and stuff. We had lunch at the Chinese restaurant (my favourite really and drooling now!) and they served us a huge portion of Kway Tiaw.. ala kway tiaw basah in Brunei.. and covered with fresh seafoods!! yes.. basar udang nya!!!! And it was fulfilling.

Besides those, I only managed to grab few bits as part of my shopping. Uk wasnt treating me good this time for shopping. Mostly stuff were limited as in size and suitability. Most of my frens kirimans pun I couldnt find. I was basically there for my family. So without orientation, I took my mom around, get on the bus while teaching her at the same time. So we had fun together and of course with the couple (sis and her hubby).

While the couple at work, mom and I were basically couch potatoes! hahah.. we eat sleep and headed town.

Among the highlights were, visit to Balmoral Castle, Hazlehead Park and of course the Beach! Ramai orang picnic... it was just that one day prolly cos the rest of the days were not Summer basically!! Masih chilly and no sun but angry clouds.

Next time I come to Aberdeen hopefully October... definitely gonna visit that Chinese restaurant again!! Damn!! It's totally different tasting than what you could find here in Brunei.

So I went to many stores, but too bad.. my size weren't there.. and some inda padan ku makai... some mati harganya! and.. probably last season.. cos I spotted stuff that I saw last winter I came. So.. malas ku..

My shopping highlight is my flipflop! ahaha bahagia ku!!

Flight Details.

So... on the 29th June, I got ready and to be sent to the airport. My flight were not as planned! Death I could sense! Supposed to fly from Aberdeen at 2pm and arrives Heathrow at 3.30pm. I checked my baggage in and the lady told me that I can checked my baggage to Brunei only up to Heathrow. Menaing I had to claim and recheck that baggage in just 90mins!!! Man that is not enough time! We're talking Heathrow here! So I managed to ask her.. bla bla bla.

Luck were on my side.. but not quite yet. So she called some of her colleagues.. and managed to put me in a delayed Flight which is just in few mins time. The plane should take off at 11 was retimed to 11.55. So after checked in I ran to the gate, hugs everyone (tears kali here? hehe) and I went off. Berat rasanya...

At departure, I had mix of emotions. Sad, scared and anticipating the possibilities. PLAN B was in my head. There I was... being told again the flight retimed to 1300hrs! Man.. so I only had 2hrs basically in Heathrow! die.. cos policy for check in has to be 3hrs before departure!

Sampai heathrow around 3.30pm... and I ran like mad person starting I disembarked the plane. At the baggage claim, it took me 20mins. And ran for Terminal 3. There were many doors and entry points.. paning ku milih.. luckily my seat mate showed me!

I thot that was the end.. but I was totally wrong. So I took a lift and there.. I saw this sign "Terminal 2,3 and $" bla bla... so.. I took the right path and run run run and run! It was a total Olympics for me. Lucky me I havent had my lucnh for that matter otherwise I wud have thrown up. And Lucky for me being alone.. otherwise.. if my mom were there.. I will put her on my trolley pakah!

20 mins of forceful run.. I arrived at Terminal 3 just 1.30hrs before departure. I had to run looking for the Right track that displays RBA. So there... met a wonderful Bruneian who I accompanied and vice versa. While in the que, made some friends with some Aussies haha we chat and chat... then The Bruneian gal atu was her first time travelling alone out of Heathrow. So she was lucky to have met me! haha.. prasan. She was nice and honestly terpikat ku!!!!! MAN she was not lawa but just nice.. macam minum teh secukup rasa!!

So I went in to departure.. helped her out with some bits.. and headed starbucks to reward myself. Had the largest size of Caramel Frappu and a Muffin.. that was lunch! Quick shooping at heathrow and we headed the gate. PUN JAUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mati!

Next to my seat was empty and I asked this stewardess yang LAWA if I can put the gal in.. so yeah.. we sat together and chatted thruout till Dubai. And I was not suprised that she was orang KB! hehe...

Oh yeah.. stewardess nya banar banar lawa!!! Unlike the biasa ones.. ani lawa! baik lagi tu...

Ok lah.. that was it... Pics gonna come up soon! Vry soon!

Love yall
Sani

No comments: