Monday, January 26, 2009

The ever so demanding essay - Diabetes!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I have a 2500-word case study which is due this coming Wednesday. The case study is on a 63 year old widowed man, presented with ulcer, and has not been prescribed with antibiotics by the GP... and the story continues.... up until the lab results, and diagnostic findings. Sigh... all I have to do is to plan out a holistic assessment, management plan, so on and so forth! But the problem is, it's bloody broad! I'm at the moment stuck at the assessment of his Neurological status as he's neuropathic! I've been reading one of the papers and it's 34 pages long, talking about Aldose reductase, the c-reactive proteins, the TNF's, and other inflammatory markers! Ouch! yes.... why must this bloody essay so ever difficult! I had a chat with few other colleagues on this, and everyone seems to be put off by this essay. What's making it worse, there's no specific criteria or guidelines. Hence, how much detail should we venture... Only Alistair knows!

And so, to supplement my needs of clever ideas, I have to feed my brains with sugar! That's why the chocolate pudding! Bless!!! I'm up and running now like a headless chicken trying to get it done!

Oh a short entry on this one. I was in bed as it was Sunday - the usual lazy me. Just before noon got a text from Haslina. A Malaysian friend of her's invited me over for a get together. Without hesitation, I jumped, agreed and got ready. Without breakfast, I headed town (it was terribly raining and windy), got myself a latte to keep me warm. Met up with them in town, and soon we got to this lovely house not far away from town. Apparently, she's a Malaysian whom I saw on my few weeks of stay here in Eastbourne. So my guess was right indeed.

She served us with Laksa (yummy), nasi goreng... and dessert! Phew... my tummy went all bloated. I didn't even think of dinner. So it was all good. Guilty as charged for not doing work, but it was all worth it. Thanks to them all. I had a good time with the kids too. I made them to sit still and actively listening to my story telling. Hahaha...

Anyhow, gotta get back to work! tick tock tick tock... placement soon! Accommodation sorted, Day 1 rota sorted. What else?

No comments: