Monday, February 02, 2009

London Placement - Part Two.

Arrived on Sunday afternoon, and London greeted me with extremely cold weather. It was snowing enroute to London Victoria as the train passed through Gatwick airport. Made it safe to Brunei Hall, and glad enough I got my own room. I also got my 3G internet with me, hence this entry from the comfort of my room at Brunei Hall. Bless mobile internet!

Anyway, I was wandering about at Paddington Station after a long walk to Edgware Road. I was walking aimlessly, but at the same time trying to get in tune with the hustle and bustle of busy London. I was at Boots, and guess who I met!? It was Fayyadh (hope I spelled his name right), Hazim's cousin I've met in New York. He was in London since Friday visiting his sister and he went back to Notts that night. It was a pleasant surprise indeed. So we chatted a bit, and off we went for a cuppa. Not long whilst in the queue, the sis (Baz) called and we made that Starbucks trip a quick one. We met Baz at Brunei Hall, before we made our way to Westfield ( a new huge mall opened at Shepherd's Bush).

We made it to dinner at BHall, before sending Fayyadh off the train station. It then started snowing... heavily...then even more throughout the night until this morning.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Woke up before 6am, got ready for placement etc. The moment I stepped off BHall entrance, the reception said "all transport shut! you can't go anywhere..." I was like... NO! This is not happening... not on my first day... *sigh*. Nothing could be done..... I end up having breakfast of spicy fried rice (endurance here...) and now blogging. I didn't have my camera with me, so I had to use my old crappy phone to snaps the pix below. All the way from London, just for you... enjoy you loads!

I'm gonna give my supervisor a call to say we're not in. The whole London Transport is shut, Gatwick and London City airports are closed, and most of the train service in the Southeast are all being affected. Even poor ol Shahin was stranded at Bexhill on his way back from work, and a friend pick him up where he spent the night.

That's the UK weather for you. Apparently, it's the worst ever recorded in 15 years!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

thrumyeyes said...

Alai Sani, 15 (or I think 17) yrs ago was during my time in Keele. The snow was at same level as the car roof. Luckily I was stranded in a friend's house with food abound. Tido dan makan tah saja kraja ku.