Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Day 2 - The beginning.

Having doubts and worried about being delayed with the slow resumption of London Transport, I set off to work early today. I decided to leave 20mins earlier than the usual time as normally it would take an hour or so. Surprisingly, it was the opposite. Arrived an hour earlier than the supposed time! Arrgh... it was extremely cold, and I had to endure it with patience outside the building. And this notice put me into further doubts, so to other staffs and patients.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So I called Megan to say whether I should stay or leave. 45mins through the endurance, I could feel my toes had gone numb, and I knew that my shoes were not meant for this kind of weather. Afraid of getting frostbite, I decided to drop into one of the convenient stores nearby to get some heat. But anyhow, I managed to snap few pictures around whilst waiting for Megan and Susan to arrive.

Here are the pictures, brought personally to you by me... ehhehe These were taken around 8am. These are pictures surrounding the clinic, and the park behind the clinic.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Icy Plant?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


At work, I must say I've done quite a lot for a first day. Met another fellow student from UEL, and we had a great chat and exchange of ideas on similarities and differences in curriculum between universities. Saw few juicy stuffs and I got to treat as well.

And this is me after work! Yites!!! Dreadful and tired looking me...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh yeah, and not surprisingly, most of the cases seen were frostbite, chilblains and all the weather related conditions. So.... keep warm people!

No comments: