Sunday, February 15, 2009

Back to the comfort zone.

I'm finally back in Eastbourne after two weeks spent working in busy London for the NHS. Having said that, I was only able to stay at Brunei Hall for a period of one week as I couldn't stand the idea of seclusion and isolation from friends and people to talk to. Although I had my own room, good food served for dinner, but it's just not right. I didn't get my proper night sleep and my tummy didn't feel right albeit everything was adequate. Alright, put that aside, but commuting wasn't really that bad either. You get to see the same people almost everyday on the train and bus.

On Monday, the train service was horrendous! The weather suddenly had gone bad enroute to Eastbourne as the driver could not see the train track. It was Shahin's 21st birthday, had to meet everyone at home and go out for dinner by 8.30pm. Made it just on time, and made a move to Zizzi for a night meal before we head out for the night. I said to myself and made it out loud that I would not stay up late as I got work the next day. Did it happen? Of course not!! The music was great, and didn't wanna miss it. Still end up going home at 3am! hmmph!! Got my 2 hours of sleep, got up at 5 to catch my 6.24am train to London that morning. And true enough, as it was my bed and I had a good time etc, I woke up fresh, and I didn't even have the fatigue feeling and yawning at work! So that just proved something innit? That's when I decided to commute daily... although it had cost me a fortune. 30quid a day!! So Shahin's b'day was a blast. Had good time at Zizzi, and we headed off the dance floor at FunktionRooms.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Work wise, it was all good last week. Spent quite a lot of time with fellow students from other universities as well. We shared quite a lot of things, looking at different ideas on what they have learnt etc. On overall, working in South London was excellent. Looking at the multi-cultural and socio-economic differences. I reckon it's a good place for research purposes too. Having to listen to good feedback also made my work placement there worthwhile.

Then on Friday, as it's a pre-valentine's night, I went out again. arrgh.. ahhaha I didn't plan it and I was just about to head to bed when Shahin pop in and said... "you sure you're not coming!?... In the end, I jumped into the bandwagon, and off again to Funktionrooms! ahhaha. I almost got denied to enter this time to FunktionRooms as they couldn't take my NUS care... damn it, had to show my Brunei High-Com card, and entry granted. Met everyone there including Emma and the rest and everyone was just happy to see that I could make it. It was fun... ehhe *Pics will come later* Oh oh, I think it's the cheapest night ever! 90p for drinks! 99p for entry!!!! hahha You can't be wrong.

Same thing happened again last night. Nothing to do with Valentine's at all, but it was some friend's farewell at The Loft. Again, I was just about to head to bed, and Shahin persuaded me to come. He even persuaded me by saying.. "your fav gal will be there u know...." hahahah LOL! Oh well, the Loft, how could I say no to the Loft, great drinks and ambience. I just like that place, hang around in the plush sofa, and chat through the night over a great stream of music. Anyway, now it's time to get back to my busy final year student's life. I can't believe it's only months left!! YITES!!!!!

No comments: