Saturday, May 24, 2008

Exam stress?

Yesterday was last day of clinic. Didn't feel anything unusual, just that it was more quiet and relax. Had 2 patients to see, all cases were light cases. They were the first years' patients. Since they won't be able be seen by the first years anytime soon, they were recalled to come earlier to our clinic instead. Since it was just simple chiropodial work, I thought of giving the patient some extra work than any other usual days. Both patients were so happy and delighted with the work done.

The first patient, who stayed in Malaysia for 7 years was happy to talk to someone from that area after several years now. So we chatted about food and she said she missed Kway Tiaw. She also missed "porridge" which then I taught her how to do it.

The second patient was so pleased with the treatment rendered as she was in agonising pain when she came into clinic. I tried to look for the problem and diagnosed it immediately. Here I realised how much knowledge and skills I have gained compared to the past years. It's just amazing to see how much you have changed intellectually and psycho-motor wise, well for the better of course. I was there with the patient one to one with no interruption from anyone else including tutors. The best thing was, when I asked a tutor for some advice and when she took over, the patient simply couldn't bear the pain. Tutor then said.. "you go for it Sani, I can't". Not to say that I am good or anything to brag about, it's just something I see as personal achievement in myself.

On the exam note, I kept on saying I AM NOT PREPARED. Maybe those are just my anxious statement, and not wanting to feel complacent on anything. I just don't want to miss anything. My philosophy is not just to get the work done, but make sure it is perfectly done into details and with satisfaction. Although I feel that I am still not prepared, it was apparent that I could already sit for the exam now! Haha. AD was questioning me from the Q&A book which I have not read before, and I managed to answer all the questions in first instance!!! Even the vague ones, I NAILED IT ON THE HEAD, as referred by AD.

As I was carrying on my revision last night, Shahin invited me to join his group night out. It's the first year's last day, hence their get together. Was a bit reluctant, but since it's going to be a long weekend, I thought, maybe I should de-stress myself a little bit. Met few of the first years that I know, and some whom are going to be future housemates. We talked about work and 2nd year experience. Well, I don't know whether they could retain the information or not, cos they had gone tipsy as I had to repeat the same answer again and again and again....

Overall, it was fun night. Made a few new friends and that is what it was all about anyways. Plus, I hadn't been out for quite a while now, if dinner night out doesn't count. hehe

Oh, been craving for Hainanese chicken rice for months, and now have made it!! See below!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Wish me luck people!!!

Ta!!



No comments: