Saturday, March 03, 2007

Terrible Beginning - Good Ending (Prank to Perfect Weekend)

Last week was a hell lot of experience. Lemme run this through steps, shall we?

Friday:
I had my research data gathering early that morning with my group. All 5 had to run through the Harvard Steps Test which took us good 2 hours gathering all the data. After we had done that, we made a move to Leaf where we had our clinical sessions. As I was meant to go to London that evening, I thought I wouldn't want to waste time going back to halls picking up my stuff. So, I carried with me. Wendy decided to take me and drop me off at the train station. Cool.

After we had clinical session, we had separate times. AD had to meet with his landlord the one I introduced him to. I decided to go with him as well since I want to see that place as I'm planning to stay there. So asked for a key from Wendy to get my suitcase with AD in the car.

Evil minds took over our minds and we were out of control. AD and I decided to hide Wendy's car. It all came about when I was telling AD how in Brunei people do sorts of silly things including my car being hidden somewhere by my mates etc. So we decided to do that to Wendy. The car was parked at the side of steep hill. After months of not driving, especially manual (years), getting the car out of the spot was damn difficult, but I managed to. Looking at the way people park here in the UK, giving only centimetres gap of space to next car, getting that tiny yellow car parked on the new spot was no easy task. I was so nerve wrecked and asked if AD could drive which he replied yes. So he took over.

Damn, he didn't even know how to get the car move!! I decided to give up and surrender over to Wendy. Needless to call, she was making her way to the car with anger. But that wasn't long. However, only then we realised how much bad and disrespect we have shown to her. We apologised and she forgave us. Thanks to Wendy as there'll never be a second to that. (btw.. today, she teased us "boys... let me show you how to reverse the damn car!" hahahahah LOL

From that event, so many things could have happened to us:
1. Legal actions - we could be charged of stealing her car as we were driving her car without consent. Worse, if a police were to question us on the spot!
2. If she couldn't find her car, she could have accused us for stealing or her car was stolen. In the end, our fingerprints would have been detected.
3. Consequences - apart from the British law, as professionals we could also face sort of misconduct.
4. The Health Professions Council could have barred us from registration upon graduation, meaning we won't have licensed to practice!
5. I could be deported back to Brunei for misconduct behaviour.
6. I would then have criminal record, and again will disallow me for registration.

Apparently, a year three student in the health course before is now facing a misconduct charge. He was playing prank to a friend with water balloon. That friend made a complain, and he "succumbed" to the consequences.

That's the biggest responsibility we have to maintain throughout our entire LIFE as health and medical professionals! Not just at work, but outside work. Nasty isn't it?! We were once told, if someone were to be found walking naked in town, as simple as that, he or she would be automatically strike off from registrant!!!

Enough of that leson learning etc! Good bits happened later.

London

At 7.30pm that day, took the train to Victoria station. Had my first dose of starbucks! Bless!

At 10.35pm sharp, yay. I saw Eda and Rahey for the first time in the UK eversince we arrived. Made our way directly to our accommodation. Settled in nicely, we headed Bayswater scavenging for foods. Found an Arab kebab restaurant where we had tons of laughs laughing at out "Ju-On" ahha. Gosh, it was a good time catching preliminary session!

Next day, woke up very early and got ready for the so called London experience. Went to London Dungeon. There had multiple doses of starbucks again whilst on the queue. That was fun really. All those shouting and those scary frenzy moments in there. Lots of changes since 10years ago? Night time? We spent our night lepak and dinner at Nando's then I thought, why not go somewhere thrilling as night was still young. Eda was concerned with the tube. I reckoned, who cares, there are three of us, what is there to be afraid of. I asked the tube manager and what time is the last trip. The one we took was the last trip but apprently London buses run 24hours a day. Thanks to Oyster!!!!! It made our journey ENDLESS!!!! Just swipe and next thing you know is WOW. Went to Soho until it was way late past midnight. We blent into the night scene with all drunk clubbers and pub crawlers. We didnt get to go to any basically cos it was all full. The rain didn't help at all. It was fun though walking and dancing in the rain like lunatics!! We finally ran for or Bus 34. which took us back to Bayswater. Thanx to my clear conscience and minds. Otherwise, will take us ages trying to fin where the hell does bus 34 stop?!

The next day, Madamme Tussauds it was. Before hand, we headed within zone 1 from trafalgar to tower bridge, then harrods to king's cross just to get that platform 9 and 3/4 (Harry Potter) then of course, starbucks in between to replenish us. More experience there and certainly great time.

I leave you with pictures and compilation of pictures into movie format. Enjoy!!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Anyways, enjoy and I'm off to France tomorrow with my mates... well crazy mates!!!!! Bonjour~~~

I don't know where the hell we got our time... ahah albeit the TONS of workload pending. Submission dates are all coming!! 8000 words and research submission. Never been crazy as this before! haaha.

No comments: