Thursday, May 13, 2010

The re-birth once again, a new camera.



It was exactly a year that I posted an entry similar to this here. It was about me getting a new camera, the Canon G9. I bought it after a permanent lens damage due to the extreme condition over the snowing period. Today, I'm posting in regards to me getting a new camera once again. This time it's a Lumix TZ10. Bought it after a long hard thought as I was torn between an SLR or a high powered compact. Obviously, the compact-ness and portability of the Lumix compelled me towards buying it. So far, I enjoy bits of it, but not as excited when I got the G9.

All I say, the G9 is still the best, and it served me well. I could replace the lens, but don't think it would worth it. With the Lumix, it's light, compact and the 12X zoom is certainly something handy to have but not an essential. Battery is a little bit on the down side when compared with the G9, but not sure if I'm gonna buy an extra for the time being. Picture quality wise, it's much sharper on the G9 but again in the age of photoediting softwares being ubiquitous, not a major problem. The wide angle lens is another cool feature about it and speed is impressive too. In terms of practicality of use, I find the switching modes between viewing picture and shooting is still making me bite my lips! Focusing can be tricky too as it's fully automatic. There's also a useless GPS feature on this camera... which simply put a hole in my bank account for useless reason!

On overall, it's a great and sleek point and shoot, but an excellent HD video camera. Nevertheless, Canon G9, you're being missed greatly!

Here's another sample of an untouched close up photo using the Lumix TZ10

No comments: