Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Craving number 2 - Kolo mee

I crave, I work it out, I make, I eat = I'm content!

Kolo mee:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Here's my list of things I bought at Sainsbury's and local store.
  • Blue Dragon flat egg noodles - to substitute wantan noodles
  • Red onion
  • Scalion / spring onion
  • Mushroom (the first time I bought just 1 mushroom and cost me 12p! ahahh)
  • Free range egg
  • Fishballs
  • Organic large king prawns
Ingredients:
  • Flat dry egg noodles (BlueDragin brand)
  • 1 Big red onion
  • Boneless chicken - minced
  • Scalion / spring onions
  • Soya Sauce
  • Oyster Sauce
  • Sesame oil
  • Sugar
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Cornstarch
  • Egg - omellette
  • Some prawns, fishballs/fishcakes for garnish
  • Mushrooms
1. Cut the onions thinly and deep fry until golden brown and put aside. Keep the oil.
2. Make the sauce. To make, take some onion oil into a saucepan, add in mushrooms then chicken, followed by the sauces.
3. Season it, and thicken it with cornstarch.
4. Blanch the noodles.
5. On a serving plate, put some onion oil, soya sauce and a dash of salt. Add the blanched noodle and mix well.
6. Pour some minced chicken sauce.
7 Garnish with egg omellette, fishcakes, fishballs, fried onions, spring onions.


p/s: be sure make the sauce salty and slightly sweet, as the taste will diffuse when mixed with the noodles.

No comments: