Sunday, November 26, 2006

Brighton SCP Conference.

Hi,

Well, had a conference on Thursday at Brighton Centre in Brighton. That gave me the opportunity to visit Brighton for the first time. It's just bizarre to find out my university is at the other side of the county albeit it's being named as University of Brighton.

Brighton is quite a city compared to Eastbourne. It has all the hustling bustling of a typical city such as sirens running around and major buildings with multi-ethicity orientated stores. I was astonished how vast the difference was. From the size of the station and the people around it, it's just huge. It's like stepping foot out of Victoria station in London or sumthing.

We headed towards the pier, and we passed by so many shops and pubs. They all looked good nevertheless. But we had to catch time for registration. The Brighton Centre is just opposite the mostly taked about BRIGHTON PIER. In addition to the cold weather, it was raining and the wind was just as terrible.

Conference started just after lunch time and we had to sit in a room of more than 1000 health professionals around UK gathering to grasp new information and ideas pertaining to the subject and profession. Bloody hell! It was long enough to make my bum flat! Yes, I could feel the oxygen deprivation as I couldn't stop yawning. Just in time before I dozed off, it was time for us to go. whahhaa.

Had a quick break and FRESH air by the pier! OH YEA!!! That really woke me up. The strong winds, the cold etc... really made me to drizzle goo out of my nose (exaggeration intended there). That was all Eliz's idea to take us down there! Crazy as it may sound.. but more crazier being there!

Had another session, and the other one ends around 6pm. Went back, heaidng the station with group of my coursemates. Some invited to go to the pub, but many refused as we all have the train to catch. But we didnt make it for the intended train. So we took the later train via Lewes which was considerably faster.

But yeah, on summary, Brighton was great. It was meant to be a 3 day conference, but my mind body and soul really couldnt take it any further. So I surrender merely just for the one day.

Cheers!
Sani Kamis

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: