Thursday, December 07, 2006

The day I blew off my laptop.

Bad things usually happen on the wrong time. There's never a perfect place and time for terrible things anyways. Here's what happened....

Oh btw, I had a terrible day on wednesday. I almost blew off my laptop!....
Well, I was quite motivated to start work, fiddling through the books etc
and made myself a glass full of drink. Fixed the earphone on the laptop and
KABOOM! The drink spilled on the laptop keyboard. Ran for towels and papers
to dry the laptop and library books... and got very frustrated. Ruined my
mood but I carried on doing my work. Few minutes later, laptop gone wacky...
I thought of giving it a look. Guess what, there were pool of water under
the laptop right at the processing area etc.

More frantic moments, and got hang on to a housemate for her hair dryer. I
blew it dry but couldnt get it started back. Gave back the dryer and came
back to find out.... my keyboard keys MELTED!!!!!! Melted as a chocolate bar
would. Was I terrified? OH YES!!!! And I couldnt get the laptop on still...
although it made sounds of running. So I gave some patience and waited for a
bit to cool down. Luck was on my side and I had my laptop back... altho it
got reset to year 2002. Most importantly, all documents are running well.
Now laptop is alright but with melted keys. I will have to change the
keyboard once I got back insyallah. It's about 70pounds here!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: