Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bachelor's Satay - My style!

Been craving for satay and brahims was too "chemical-ish" taste to my liking. Well, I can't believe I'm doing this which in the past I never thought of doing, satay sauce from peanut butter!!!

Here it goes. Warning: this is not the original satay recipe. This is purely modified to suit a bachelor's capability.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The chicken satay:
Ingredients:
  • Boneless chicken
  • Tumeric powder
  • Cumin Powder
  • Salt
  • Sugar


Add everything together and leave to marinade for an hour before deep frying.

The sauce:

  • Oil
  • Sliced onions
  • peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
  • Tamarind (replace with either lime or lemon)
  • Brown sugar (I used damerara)
  • Cumin powder
  • Wee bit of corriander powder
  • Salt and pepper
  • *optional chilli powder / flakes


No comments: