Saturday, February 10, 2007

Aberdeen trip - The one with emergency landing.

Had a proper week break during the assessment forthnight. I decided to go to Aberdeen. Last minute decision but not regretted. It was after my final semester exams.

On the way to Aberdeen, it was an evening flight, days before the BA crews decided to carry out strike. Gatwick was empty than ever. Had a quick chat with this check in counter guy. He's a Palestinian and have been working in the UK for quite long. We had a chat about Brunei and he had a thorough reading on my passport. It was interesting to hear stories from people who works in the airline... ehhe. True enough, he predicted that the proposed week long strike was called off.

Flight to Aberdeen, first it was delayed. We were welcomed in the plane as usual but this time, a female captain. Fascinated and excited to experience a woman flying me from point A to B. She sounded so excited as well. A full flight and her announcement was long!! Yes, but more of like being in a concert show or sumthing! hehe.

20mins after taking off from Gatwick, another announcement came saying problem with the aircraft's wheel. So engineers at Gatwick summoned her to bring and land the aircraft back. We had fire engines, ambulance and police cars, sirens everywhere behind us soon as we landed. Good thing was that, I must applause the care taken by the crews that night. Especially the purser she made sure individually onboard was alright and not panicked.

Landed safely in Gatwick, disembarked and waited for half an hour. We got onto a new plane and flew off safely to Aberdeen. Suprisingly it was warm around 9deg on landing. Overall, it was about 2 hours delayed arrival.

-------------------------------------------------

Aberdeen was great as ever before and even better. Josh is full of character now and balamory song is still tinggling in my ears! Hahhaa. I can see a bright future in that kid already. For a week in Aberdeen was a bliss and blessed. I had a good time with the family, good foods and good time cooking definitely. Meeting their friends as usual was never a boring one. We had karaoke night before I left.

I also got the chance to meet up with our x-neoghbour back in Brunei, Nicola. Was so pleasant to meet her again and the two kids. I didn get to touch any of them. I was so scared of the chickenpox (varicella zoster).

The highlight was of course tennis, golf etc on wii! ahaha. Will look forward I guess to a next wii game!

All and all, great one, really appreciated it and definitely needed it. Thanx!

No comments: