Friday, January 19, 2007

Exam Time!! --> Sliding Filament Theory.

Well like the title says, the assessment forthnight is just around the corner. I will be having my exam on the first day of the two week assessment forthnight. Structure and Function it is. Although I have only one exam but the credit for that exam is quite high!! *gulp* At the same time I have the clinical portfolio of 6000 words approximately to submit. Some of you probably might wonder why the hell am I blogging in between...? Oh well I thought I needed the break and to digest the stuff I just gulped in. I was reading on the sliding filament theory.

Let me run through that a little bit for you. We humans are able to move due to many factors, one of which is the presence of muscles. Have you ever wondered how these muscles were innervated down there to produce that slight tiny movement alone. As little as moving 1 degree of muscle movement takes a lot of work in the muscles. This can be explained by the sliding filament theory. (hahah don't worry.. I won't take the microscope now..)

The Sliding Filament Theory looks at the binding sites of itsy bitsy things like the tropomyosin and troponin being exposed or binded together with Calcium Ions.. with help of ATP... and other chemicals ... plus all the jargons! YES.. it's really a painful process just the way it hurts to put it into my brain! I'm just hoping I'll be able to regurgitate them insya-Allah during the exam, Amin.

That's not just it, I'm worried cos that's the hardest topic amongst all. The essay is divided into 2, one section ( 1 topic with no subdivisions carries 50%) whislt the other carries along 5 to 12% each. So there's no choice.... =S It's like involving yourself in gambling!!!!

My weakmess really is on Physiology rather than Anatomy. Anatomy requires articulation of understanding and good imaginative brains. Physiology? Alamak... the word physiology itself makes me wanna puke! It's mostly on human biochemistry and stuff.

The second bit I'm worried about which could potentially be in the 50% question is the Human Gait Cycle.... that mostly looking at human walking pattern and what reasons lie behind it. All those Physic's Laws and Biomechanics! I will play words like gravity and inertia tah ito! Sungguh benci! ahaha.. Dulu Physics class bermain, beibun di lab! Sekarang.. rasa in lo!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!

The weather has been terrible these past few days. It was terribly windy today and I could hardly walk. At one point, I wish I could just walk effortlessly with the wind and fly kalau dapat! aahha. At the beginning of the day, I was hoping to receive an email from the uni to say.. "dear students, due to the bad weather, class is cancelled..." With high anticipation... however, it never happened! hahhaa.

Anyways, will be looking forward for the "break" ahhaa.. mind the inverted commas! ahhaa. Break sendiri bui!!! ahha. Can't wait to bully JoshuaImage Hosted by ImageShack.us ... whahaha! Josh I'm coming.. so be ready! Hehe

I leave you with two slides of pictures.... enjoy!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: