Thursday, January 25, 2007

The day my finger bled.

It was 23rd January 2007. I was taking my sweet time thinking I had everything done. Well it's not like that. I just had my exams over and thinking it's only one assignment left made me thinking that way. Was I worried already? Funny but no, I wasnt really bothered by it. I was happily taking it on my own pace.

At 6pm I was already panicked since the assignment had to be submitted the very next day. Started struggling to finish and came my other colleagues who were in the same boat. Hahha many were asking how have I been doing etc? They were suprised when I told them I havent got it done yet. Cos I'm well known for finishing things especially assignments early. Their respond were mostly "oh sani... that is soo not you!" ahhaha. Oh well I was too tired to think and couldnt write anymore.

I just typed the assignment without having any second thoughts. I hope it flowed clearly and logically. I just printed it off soon I had finished it. Then another 2 which were on reflections. For that I just wrote crap!

Time stroke 12midnight!! Guess what, I had not eaten anything besides the M&S Chocolate pudding and a full glass of hot chocolate for breakfast around noon. Well luckily that sugar contents managed to hold me through. Only after I finished all the assignments, printed and filed that I could my tummy begging for food!

At 1.30am I pulled myself to kitchen, cooked some rice and since I was craving for Jollibee's chicken, I made myself a deep fried crispy chicken. (Blame cathy for the craving!!). So I had to take some time defrosting the chicken from the freezer, cooked my rice in the microwave and cooked some vegetables. It's just me, if I wanna eat it has to be proper especially if I'm using too much energy. I was shaking all over my body. I could feel the effects of hypoglycaemia already! I couldnt think properly, my hand coordination were poor, dizzy etc. The winter weather outside didnt help but making it worse further! It was around -2 that night.

So there, was frying my chicken.. all in good condition. While transferring the large amount of hot oil to the glass bottle... suddenly. *KABOOM*. The glass jar broke into pieces do to the heat. I grabbed the nearest scourer and tried to wipe the oil before it spilled further. Wipe wipe *ouch.. panas!*... then the oil was cleared... took a kitchen towel... *SNAP*... I hit my finger to a small glass that could be seen by the naked eyes. I bled profusely!!!! Yes profusely!

Took some time to clear everything and 2 hours later... around 2 sumthing that I sat down and eat my dinner. Sad.. but what to do!!! Next day, woke up early just to catch the snow as entered before this entry.

Lesson learnt:
Health is important hence eating at right time etc.
Do not ignore symptoms esp if you cant control that hypoglycaemia!
It's fun however to feel that tremors! ahahah
Bleeding is soo not cool!
Snowy day is terribly cold.. ahahha
Hot oil causes glass jar to break.

Important lesson learnt:
Invaluable student life being independent!!! Such a bliss..

1 comment:

Hazim Lee said...

Duddeeeee. Obviously glass will break if you poured hot water into it. better do some homework on physics dduuddeee. haha