Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Work Placement and being jobless.

Since graduation day, I have been a jobless single person! Hahha, I know I sound so "grr" well cos I am.

So now, let's focus on the future. keh keh keh. I've been doing my placement at RIPAS hospital for few days now and It has been great so far. My supervisor is one cool lady and she;s running the department on her own as the senior is in the UK doing her Masters. So far she's able to manage the clinic in a way she could handle as a one lady show.

How's the placement? (A review)
--------------------
Well, it's fun and get to learn a lot. I've been digging information regarding the subject and the working environment. Podiatry has issues of it's own but relax, it is still a young profession here in Brunei.

Suprisingly, she also discussed of my future where I could end up and it's really motivating and a positive outlook (pay, career prospect and progression)I must say. However, I do not want to think of what's been said. All I know I need to get through the course first.

At the clinic, she introduced me to members of the staff around and met many patients. Again another suprising bit, they also cater for Psychiatric patients!

Today, was again a day! ahha. Yeah, I wasn;t feeling well but managed to arrive safely in RIPAS. Had briyani with Met and we had a chat about how I got into all these. So met few other frens and x-colleagues but didn't tell what I was doing there. ehehe.

Went to the clinic and there was no one. I thought I was early. Opened the door and get ready for a patient. It was strange to see nothing was prepared on the table and the surgery trolley was empty. Then came my supervisor and there she saw me sitting in boredom. Then she exclaimed with a smile "eh Diabetes Centre today" haha.. I had a good laugh, so I went to the said centre. There not much patient, only 2 diabetic patients.

Tomorrow it will be in Tutong. Yay! ehhe new experience.

So far I've started to be able to differentiate between nursing and podiatry. Both are noble professions. However, I have to say nursing is in a world on it's own. I remember my lecturer sais this "there is no otehr profession similar to the art of nursing". Honestly, by far nursing is more exciting and challenging as it involves the whole human body rather than one bit of the body. But again, looking at the foot as a complex organ, it is infact in a way looking as a whole body. There are lots of muscles, nerves, bones and vascular supplies in there alone where one has to memorise! DIE DIE! ahaha. But both equally I'M LIKIN IT! It's like between choosing a white bread and a wholemeal. hhehe

Oh well, I guess that's it for the moment.So far, good news from universities! eheh. Hopefully, things are gonna be ok for finance and funding insyallah.

Thanx also to PhantomS, Matron and yang sewaktu dengan nya for willing to be my lunch mates! ahaha. To Deny Hotdamn, thanx jua for willing to "come" although you couldn't make it. But nawaitu pun jadilah! ehhe. Kalau nada kamu, makan di jamban tah ku kali sorang2 hahaa.

Regards:
Sani Kamis

here's a pix of the clinic.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

TAggers:

C@T: hehehe you know what, havent had any bad experience like you said, smell and stuff. The antiseptic and solutions used erased all those and I like the smell. Not the feet but the clinic itself so fresh. But again no smell of feet YET. Maybe when it's time to deal with serious necrotic feet yet I'm looking forward for that. Won't be suprised cos have dealt with those cases before.

No comments: