Monday, July 18, 2005

The day has started.

Hi Yall.

Today had been a tiring day for me. It all started at 5.30 in the morning with heavy brakfast. Thanx to my maid for that matter. So headed work an hour ealier before it has to be and before everyone else did, obviously.

So what's happening today? Today my colleagues (35) and I stepped into the real world of clinical nursing. We will be managing the ward as a real ward manager would be. We had a welcoming session and orientation which is for me quite important in a way.

Being away from medical surgical floor for almost 2 years, it has somehow impacted on the confidence which was once at its maximum. I felt nervous than ever before. Perhaps due to more responsibility and the amount of roles to be carried out that anyone of us is legally liable for. Hence, I certainly need to refresh myself with loads of skills and theories. Although, some are just matter of simple anatomy questions, but as more and more stuff loaded into your brains, the more and more you get things into a complicated conclusion. A first year students would have answered the same question marvellously, but yet, as the so called final year student, you'll be expected more concrete answers which in a way of presenting should be different from those in the first year. and that is torturing.

Overall, it has been okay so far. Too early for any conclusion. I'll try my best to take things as my advantage rather than looking it the otehr way round. I've got my shift schedule as well, and it really freaks me out.

At the ward, the staff nurses, facilitators, mentors as well as our clinical tutors are all have been great so far. They guide you in which ever they can, oh well at least that's what they promised us. So we started to work semi-independently today.

It's Monday, and we had rounds by our superiors, the Principal Nursing Officers, and otehr Nursing Officers. They basically were there to drill and to evaluate how much you know about each diagnosis and it's relations plus each patient holistically. I must say I'll have to congratulate myself for that. hehe.. something to fuel back my self-esteem and motivation.

Met few surgeons whom were being supportive in the Operating theatre. They all posed with huge smiles and short chat updating each other. hehe.. That's the best thing about our KB hospital.

To end, wishes of good luck simply be appreciated daily. I hope this 8 weeks will bring good memories and definitely fruitful, Insyallah. May your prayers be with me OKAY? hehehe...

Cheers!
Haji Sani
Extension Year Student Nurse

No comments: