Saturday, December 06, 2008

Stress will end soon! Really,,,?

I've had a 3-4 weeks of stress, all devoted to my current work. My group have now refused of even saying it as a word - The Portfolio. It is now known as the "P" word! Well, last week I was this walking zombie, but now I'm a happy bunny again snapping my camera away in thirst of shots which hadn't been able to do. Although I have not completed my work as yet, but I'm good per se as I have foundation laid out, and 4000 words done! So that's about 2-3000 words more to go in 4 days? I even had to sacrifice from going out to the Holly Ball last night.... =(

Just an update about the tunic...

Well, it's grey that's for sure. But they're now not as grey as it was before. Been washing it and soaking it over and over in vanish. Now it's fading away on the road to whitening again. Although, I must admit, damage has been done. Rectification will only leave a scar!

At the moment, it has been a good laugh. I've been called the smurf, blondie, and many more. Just because I wear grey tunic in clinic! ahhaha Even the lecturers had a good laugh. But the thing is, no one would noticed it unless I stand next to other colleagues of mine (thanks Megan for the contrast!) ahaha. And I assume there is no end to this as it keeps on going everytime I put it on!

oh oh! My patient was happy when I issued the orthotics I prescribed. Many good comments about the finesse of it! I'm jolly happy! At first, patient was hesitant and he even commented that they looked like things from the medieval times! ahhaha As soon as he put it on, it was perfect! Glad! Although I had to alter some due to wrong markings on my positive cast. That's just minor. But I had to confess to him that it took me good 4 weeks just to complete it! Ain't a simple task to do.

Oh, it's nice and sunny today. Nice Winter sunny, which means I had to wrap myself albeit the sun. Shahin came along and he was my protege in photography. I'm no pro myself, but I could handle few bits and pieces on a compact digital cam. So I showed him how to use those features on his new camera. I must say, the camera is good! Way good from what I had expected earlier. The macro shots are excellent, low light shots are just nice with less grainy noise. Anyhow, I'll leave you a picture taken today to end this entry. I'm back to the P word now!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And was lazy to cook, bought myself calamari and chips for lunch from Odyssey!! Woot Woot! Nothing beats eating English fat cut chips from a chippy with the cold breeze blowing! It has never failed to blow me away....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

thrumyeyes said...

During my 1st few weeks in Keele every weekend me and friends bought fish and chips for lunch until curiosity kills the cat... when we asked the cook what oil they use to fry, he said lard.