Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday... boredom.

Just feeling bored not exactly knowing what to do. Ithought I might just take a look at pictures of foods I've made over the semesters. So I took those foods which I thought stood out most in the folder. So the top four are those in the picture below.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh well, meant to do some work but I simply couldn't think and have the urge to force myself forward.

The dates for my clinical exams have been put up on the student board via the internet. Scary? well perhaps some other words could describe better.

So I have to master all the skills especially on manipulation for musculoskeletal assessment, neurological assessments and of course, for vascular assessments. These basically looking at the bones and joint structures, locating their position and knowing their functions, looking at senses and reflexes and looking at the blood circulation and pulses respectively.

What do I need to do those? Of course my brains, my hands, my eyes, and my nose... I guess. But I also need equipment and instruments that are necessary. Which I'm thinking of buying next time. They're bloody expensive.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

  • The doppler which is more reliable to assess blood circulation. Alternatively I could use electronic stethoscope or normal stethoscope to get Ankle Brachial Pulse Index.
  • Tuning fork - to detect vibration sesations
  • Neuropen which comes with a neurotip - to assess pressure point whether a patient has protective mechanism on their sole of the feet and differentiate whether it's sharp or blunt and specify where exactly they feel it.
  • Patella hammer - to see reflexes in the join as a mean to assess any motor neuron diseases, or any discrepancies in action reaction.
Basically that's it... hehehe

Bye!

No comments: