Thursday, May 14, 2009

Work work work - life is so much occupied!

It's almost the end of my undergrad year now!! Barely a month before it ends. Every session at uni or hospital, it's all about exams and research project. We have this massive final year exams, and worse has to be the clinical exam! That's the time when they decide whether or not it's safe to let us out there in public to "DO NO HARM".

At the moment, with my books everywhere as I type this entry, busy finishing my research project write up. This is the unique bit of my university. We do not write dissertation as such, but we write a research project to be published in the journal of our choice. As this is the case and due to copyright reasons, I won't be exposing much of my research project. Anyhow, it's about how reliable and accurate can a clinician interpret a particular assessment such as interpreting the Doppler sounds. Like in general medicine, doctors are very much particular when they auscultate the chest for heart beats with their stethoscope. Similarly, we use the Doppler to determine blood flow to the lower extremities to determine whether or not a patient has got a peripheral vascular disease. An such, our assessment warrants right diagnosis and decision making. Failure to make that call will jeopardise the patient's life. They could lose their limb with few hours or even die! I feel like being clever again, looking at my data collection and working out the statistical analysis!! ahah

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Apart of that, I'm happy that I managed to get my surgical quota fulfilled although I need to work a bit for the local anaesthetics administration. Insya Allah, should be fine. Hence, during the last two weeks, my room was in such a bad state that it had never been. Surely my room has seen better days I reckon. But I've cleared them immediately after I took the pix anyway. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do work. That's just me. Clutter dysfunctions my brains!

Look at that!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway, I shall look forward to the ball soon! woot woot!! Oh went to Milla's birthday at the Loft, gosh I really love and miss that place a lot! Just chilling out and sipping my Bora Bora through the night... harhar

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: