Sunday, June 10, 2007

Aberdeen, St.Andrews and Dundee.

I know that I have not been able to update this rusty blog of mine for ages. But here goes in writings from my rusty yet reliable memories.

Following the previous post, I was saying I was off to Aberdeen. I arrived Aberdeen before dark where it was a suprise visit for my mom. Well motherly instinct was very strong. She somehow knew that I was very near. She called me on my mobile merely 10mins to my arrival at the house. She was like what was I up to and all. That was funny when we all had to whisper and Kolin was trying hard making funny English accents. Minutes later, I hung up and I was at the front door. Mom was still sembahyang.

When she found out, she was all happy with teary eyes. Spent good times with Joshua as always although he looked a little curious as it was months since I last saw him personally. He grew up so fast and he was full of character. The next day was a mother and son bonding time.. plus the little nephew indeed. We headed town, Hazelhead park and many other places, well the usual. Here are some of the pictures taken.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Then, the following weekend, we went to St.Andrew's. It was a great and exciting trip looking at other places of Scotland. We made a quick stop at the secret bunker. It was very cold, but interesting to know such huge communication and secret things actually existed those days. Pix below. On the way home, we stopped by Dundee for dinner at the local pub near the airport.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The night before I left, we had guests who came to say goodbye. These are friends from other parts of the world who came to work in Aberdeen and have been so close to my sister and her husband as well as my mom and I. It was a good dinner and get together indeed.

The very next morning, I had to leave very early for my flight back to Gatwick. It was a wrong plan which I thought I could make the time by taking early morning flight to catch the graduation ball. But I was wrong, the graduation ball was actually on one of the days I was in Aberdeen. But nevermind, it was worth the time spent in Aberdeen anyways.

Aberdeen will always be in memory and hope someday I will visit that lovely and friendly place again. City of Granite, you will remain in my heart... waseh! ahahhaha

No comments: